So my seminary classmate (well, actually it was div school, and actually he was an organist at the time, the clergy thing came along much later, but I digress) has posted his “10 things that annoy me” list. There is actually a whole web site being dedicated to this. I could submit my list there, but I’m not really in that crowd, and it feels a bit like trying to crash someone’s party just because you really dig the theme.
But I dig the theme.
So, here’s my
10 20 things that annoy me list. What might you add?
- Publications sent from my daughter’s school with glaring grammatical errors.
- The way my GPS system mispronounces the name of a street I drive on frequently.
- When religious types announce that a liturgy is done “wrong” when in fact it is just being done from the lens of a different denomination.
- The fact that 5 Guys B(ge_s and Frites (a restaurant that I do love) does not offer any children’s drinks.
- The way that all crumbs and other small pieces of trash get stuck in that teeny little valley between the driver seat and the center console.
- The fact that I don’t have a name for that little unvacuumable valley.
- White cat fur that sticks to everything.
- The PBS TV show The Cat in the Hat.
- When people are late to meetings and then insist on being caught up.
- Clothes that are purportedly wrinkle free–but aren’t.
- Most women’s summer dresses.
- The fact that ebooks aren’t much cheaper than paper books.
- The fact that the public library is not open on Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon.
- The mall parking lot
- Girls clothing that looks tarty
- My neighbors’ alarm clock
- Bicycle riders without helmets
- Those 50 cent rides in the mall