So, I think I’m just going to run a series of crowd-source parenting articles. I think I’m a little out of the other parent advice loop since I a) work, b) am much older than other parents. So, hey instead of spacehook for crowd-source parenting, I’ll use my blog, and then both of my readers can chime in. I guess I’ve been doing this all along. But now it has a name, which makes me a Big Time Blogger.
Okay, birthday party questions (and yes, I’ve already asked you about the birthday party before. I never said I was organized.)
1) goodie bags–bucket and shovel, mini-frisbee, and bottle of scented bubbles. Am I done? If I’m not done, can I throw in the extra stuff from previous birthday parties? They are also getting a souvenir cup, which my dad helped me make. Okay, my dad actually made them. But I’m putting the stickers on, and inserting the straws. That does TOO count.
2) snacks for parents. Do I need these? I’ve always done it, but have come home with the majority of the food uneaten.
3) snacks for kids beyond cake and beverage. Do I need these?
4) The nature center is providing a program that is about 45 minutes long. We have cake and beverage, so another 20 minutes or so. But the party time is two hours long. Which things sound the best:
a) take the kids down to the beach to play in the sand.
b) decorate their sand buckets.
c) hang out in the museum
d) play some sort of organized games. If so, what?
5) How many M and Ms do you think I need to make these?
Edited to add: beverages–I think milk goes with cake, but how about apple cider? Or is lemonaid or some other sweet drink the rule of the day? Last year was a pink themed party so we had pink lemonaid.