Wow, it’s gone way too long. Here’s what’s been up–
- Selam now sleeps in her own bed all night. This is HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. Three and a half years of trying, a few bribery attempts, and finally, she just decided to do it.
- We read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It rocked.
- Selam is SUPER excited about Mother’s Day. She has a secret that her grandparents helped her with, and something from school–a card, I think. She’s very, very excited. She’s going to be making me breakfast in bed, tomorrow, too. Toast and water.
- We made yogurt pops. I love them. Selam likes them okay, but she can definitely tell they are made with greek yogurt, which she doesn’t like. I think I might have to get some regular yogurt for this.
- I had to get tough on TV. She watches it via netflix, and some bigger kid shows had become interesting, shows she’d heard of from classmates. After a week, some new vocabulary started to show up, and I had to say no. We’re back to Arthur and Pinky Dinky Doo. The good news is that she hasn’t been as interested in TV lately, because she’s super psyched about reading! There are some easy books that she’s digging these days because they are chapter books, which is oh-so-grownup.
- The cat officially likes her the best now.